Wednesday, November 12
Upcoming Posts
I wanted to let all readers know about my upcoming posts, so you can comment on them as you wish. I have been very busy over the last few days, and in our 24 hour digital speed era, there is so much news to report on and so much I would like to write about. I decided to focus on the death of Marcello Lucero in my last posting because it struck a deep emotional chord in me just one week after Obama's victory. In my next three posts, I hope to discuss (1) the reaction of ordinary Latin Americans to Obama's victory and the multiplier effect of "yes we can" in the U.S. and Latin America, (2) the world financial crisis and one reason why Obama should forge a strong relationship with Brazil and its President, Lula, and (3) Obama, Hugo Chavez and the coming fight for Latin American public opinion and grassroots politics. These will be general posts focusing on news articles and opinions of the day. After this, I hope to begin a series of discussions on issues central to the relationship between the U.S. and Latin America, the Obama position on these issues, and recommendations. This will be followed by a series of postings on different countries in the region discussing the specific issues in our bilateral relationship, Obama's position, and Obama's potential relationship with that country and its leader. Of course, in this lightning speed world, I may interrupt this sequence to comment on events of the day. But my goal will be to discuss all of these issues and countries before Obama is inaugurated on January 20, 2009. After that, we will have real policy to debate and discuss. Until then, everything is speculation, and I think the discussion of the challenges and opportunities he faces in issues and countries will be infinately more interesting. Let me know what you think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment